Week 6: Virtual Ability Island

05:31

This week we were given a tour of Virtual Ability Island by Gentle Heron. It was eye opening and encouraging to see that people with IRL disabilities could utilise SecondLife to craft a fully immersive and gratifying experience for themselves.


Cape Serenity was my favourite part of the outing. I loved reading the poetry and enjoying the gardens with the animals.


Of course regulation and etiquette are important in communities such as these, where acceptance of who you are is so important. I felt it courteous to detach my drink from my hand as Gentle Heron was giving her introductory speech. I think it's essential that respect is given to those who are kind enough to take time out of their day to show us their world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images