Week 3: Roaming the Desolate Wasteland

03:11

In class this week, John let me take over as I was standing at the podium. He immediately regretted this decision when I started to build a wall of blocks around myself and his avatar. Sadly, DIT @ SecondLife is now a no-building zone. I can't think why.


This week John told us to go out and look for people to talk to in our areas of interest. I myself have a keen interest in art and music so I decided to go to the Music Region in Something Estates to seek some like-minded individuals.


When I arrived, however, I was told that I was the only avatar in this region. I said never mind, I'll explore anyway. It was in the central plaza that I noticed a sign that said "Whirly Putter". Intrigued, I clicked on it and it spawned an odd flying contraption. 


It was while I was in the sky flying about on my newfound favourite mode of transport that I noticed a huge sign on the roof of a building that said "ART GALLERY". I quickly dropped off my beloved Whirly-Putter and flew towards the entrance. 


Adjacent to the entrance I spotted a grand piano. On finding that I couldn't play it, much to my disappointment, I sat upon it in defeat. Nevertheless, onwards into the gallery. 


After a quick scan of the building I confirmed that I was still the only avatar there and sat in resignation on a hard and lonely bench to admire the artwork. 

Now desperate for some conversation or company, I decided that Social Island would be a good place to go to find people. I mean, the clue is in the name. 


Yeah, you guessed it, no one here either. 

I proceeded to give up on my quest for conversation and played a game where I had to sail a small boat through some rings in a cave. Riveting stuff.


The loneliness made me contemplate returning to my dear friend in 'Fun Girls Extraordinary Strip Club'. I mean, she wanted me to pay her, but at least she talked to me.

I resolved to return to SecondLife at a different time next week.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images