Week 5: Visit to Lauk's Nest

05:31

This week we went to Lauk's Nest, one of the oldest parks in SecondLife, built in 2004. Symeon Siamendes gave us a tour and answered any questions we had about the reserve.




After the class had ended we explored Lauk's nest ourselves and I found a giant tortoise walking about outside someones house, so obviously I sat on it and went for a tour about.

  
I was promptly joined by some of my classmates once they realised what was going on. All in all a great experience.


 We then met some Brazilians and Italians and they were very strange. I logged out as soon as a massive popcorn-like yellow thing appeared and obstructed the screen. I have no idea what they did but we were all spammed with messages from them, 


After class I started thinking about what John said about crafting your personal brand online. I know that it's something all of us do once in a while. Making ourselves seem more employable and courteous by deleting old statuses on Facebook denouncing brands and people, photos of inappropriate behaviour and any information that might be too personal to have online. 

I know myself that I often google my name to find out how my online behaviour shapes my image and I try to delete anything with the rule of thumb that I wouldn't want my grandparents to see it. It's an act of self-preservation, of cleansing my online persona of any embarrassing misdeeds or cringeworthy comments. I think it's a vital part of having an online presence, that you have full control over your privacy and information.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images